We all need motivation so today’s post is going to be 31 incredible motivational quotes to keep you going, even when it’s hard to do so. As humans, we can get so beaten down by life that we just want to give up. I’m here to tell you that there is no time to give up. Everyone can use a good word to cheer them up. Plus, I’m going to share with you what I personally feel each of these quotes is saying.
Let’s jump right in!
1. “There is only ONE thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: The Fear of Failure.” – Paulo Coelho
Being afraid to go after what you want is the only thing standing in the way of your dreams.
2. “Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.” – Oprah Winfrey
It takes a lot to be a mother or a parent, period. A mother is someone who is loving, caring, considerate, and above all else, self-sacrificing. There are many mothers who haven’t given birth to a single child but have given their love and time to so many children. Point is, whether you are a parent biologically or through the wonderful gift of adoption, you are still a parent and that’s beautiful.
3. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
The first step to being successful is believing you can do it.
4. “A mother is someone who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” – Unknown
She can be your best friend, your teacher, even your hero but there will never be another person who can take her place.
5. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen Covey
Your circumstances are not what make you but the decisions you make determine the kind of person you will be.
6. “There is no way to be a perfect mother, but a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
You don’t have to be perfect to be a good parent. Not every parent is the same but there are so many good parents.
7. “If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.” – Fred Devito
Challenges help shape and mold you.
8. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Don’t follow the crowd and try to blend in. Never be afraid to stand out and be yourself.
9. “Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about but the hardest thing in the world to do.” – Matt Walsh
Being a parent is not easy but it is easy for others to voice their opinions about what defines a good parent. Do you. Ignore the rest.
10. “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” – Peter T. McIntyre
You have to realize that you are going to be wrong at times and you have to be okay with that. Say it with me, “It’s okay to be wrong.” Nobody’s perfect. Remember that.
11. “A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Anonymous
When you become a parent, sometimes that baby fulfills a longing inside you that you might not have even known you had.
12. “Believe in yourself or no one else will.” – Unknown
Belief in you starts with you. How can you expect others to believe in you if you don’t believe in yourself?
13. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” – Coco Chanel
A person who can be themselves and not try to be like everyone else is an absolutely gorgeous person. Seriously.
14. “Never let anyone dull your sparkle.” – Marilyn Monroe
When you are sparkling and shining as a positive person you can’t let anyone bring you down and take your sparkle away.
15. “Don’t allow your wounds to transform you into someone you’re not.” – Paulo Coelho
When you’ve been hurt by something or someone it can be all too easy for you to turn into a person out to get revenge or you may become bitter. You should never let the hurt change you into someone you’re not by stepping out of character and doing things you normally wouldn’t.
16. “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.” – Melchor Lim
Getting to where you’re trying to go is never easy but it will be worth it. I promise.
17. “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” – Oprah Winfrey
Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want.
18. “A pretty face gets old…A nice body will change… But a good heart will always be a good heart.” – Unknown
Make your mark in this world, not with your physical appearance because that is sure to fade but with your inner beauty. When it’s all said and done, a good heart that is treated the right way will always be a good heart.
19. “Act like a lady, think like a boss.” – Unknown
Be classy with a “get things done” mindset.
20. You are so much stronger than you think.” – A.A. Milne
You don’t give yourself enough credit. You are strong, even if you don’t realize it yet.
21. “Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise.” – Frank Ocean
You don’t have to speak on every move you make. Sometimes you have to sit back and let your success speak for itself. When people see your accomplishments that will be all the noise you need.
22. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
The point is to make your move and make it work for you. Don’t wait for the “perfect opportunity” or the “right time” because it may never come.
23. “Be selective in your battles, peace is always better than being right.” – Brandi L. Bates (Modified)
Being right is not the most important thing in this world. What’s already understood doesn’t have to be explained. It is better to have peace with your loved one than war. Most times it’s not as serious as you think.
24. “Stop hating yourself for everything you aren’t and start loving yourself for everything you already are.” – William Shakespeare
Stop trying to look like that Instagram model or celebrity and learn to love yourself for everything that makes you who you are because you are special.
25. “Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Green
Some things are out of our control and we can’t change them no matter how much we may want to. What we can change is how we deal with our problems.
26. “Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a brand-new opportunity to rebuild what you truly want.” – Unknown
Starting over can be scary but it’s not always a bad thing; sometimes it’s for the better.
27. “Never stop doing your best just because someone doesn’t give you credit.” – Unknown
Always do your best in everything, whether anyone notices or not.
28. “When you start seeing your worth, you’ll find it harder to stay around people who don’t.” – Unknown
Know your worth and refuse to deal with people who don’t.
29. “Smiling is the best way to face any problem, to crush every fear and to hide every pain.” – Ashutosh Mishra
Smile, smile, smile because it’s good for you!
30. “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe then you’ll be successful.” – Eric Thomas
Breathing is not optional. Take that same attitude and apply it to your success. Being successful is not an option, it’s a must. You will be successful as long as you keep this in mind.
31. “Look for something positive in each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder.” – Unknown
Always look on the brighter side. Some days are going to be harder than others but try to find just ONE positive thing that you can take away from each and every day.
I hope you enjoy these 31 incredible motivational quotes just as much as I did. When you feel like giving up, DON’T! Just know that things are never really as bad as they seem and if they are things will get better. Stay positive and continue to endure despite your troubles.
I’m glad you stopped by. I truly hope that these 31 quotes were a source of motivation for you.
Would you like to know more about me and my plans for the Puzzle Pieces Family Blog? If so, check out my Welcome to Puzzle Pieces post!